Office Visit Reference Sheets
At each well care visit, your provider will discuss the feeding and development of your child and perform growth assessments and developmental screens.
In addition, at each of your child’s visits in the first two years you will receive a reference sheet detailing some of the developmental guidelines and milestones, as well as guidelines for feeding and home safety. When it comes to feeding and development, there is incredible individuality. The guidelines are just that, not hard fast rules, nor should they be a source of stress for you and your developing child. By all means, if you have any nutritional or developmental concerns, please feel free to discuss them with your provider.
Stay involved in your child’s care. Tools to help you manage your child’s chronic medical condition.
Your doctors and their colleagues at BCD HealthPartners have compiled a list of resources to help you manage your child’s chronic medical condition. These include links to sites with valuable information and as well as tools you can print out and use at home.
The healthychildren.org symptom checker from the American Academy of Pediatrics is an excellent resource when your child is ill. Select from over 100 symptoms to read more about managing your child’s illness, grouped by body part or A-Z index. Includes dosage charts for:
- HealthyChildren.org – from the AAP
- KidsDoc Symptom Checker – A great resource if your child is ill, from HealthyChildren.org
- American Academy of Pediatrics – the parent site of HealthyChildren.org
- NJ Parent Link – a link to numerous New Jersey State resources.
- Kids Healthcast
- Your Guide to Breastfeeding
- Safety of Drugs in Breastfeeding (LACTMED)
- La Leche League International
- Vaccinate Your Baby
- Every Child By Two
- CDC Vaccine Schedule
- New Jersey School Immunization Requirements
- Travelers’ Health from the CDC
- Childhood Immunization Support Program
- Vaccines for Pregnant Women from the CDC
- CHOP Vaccine Information Center
- Immunization Action Coalition
- Plain Talk About Childhood Immunizations
- Got Childhood Vaccine Questions? (from the CDC)
- Does MMR vaccine cause autism?
- 10 Vaccine Myths–Busted
- Where Vaccine Doubt Persists
- Autism Study an Elaborate Fraud
- New Jersey Poison Control
- Consumer Product Safety Commission
- The Car Seat Lady
- Home Safety Checklist
- Commercial but interesting site on Computer and Internet Safety and Privacy
- Developmental Behavioral Pediatrics Online
- Need Help Accessing Mental Health Services?
- Autism Information
- Healthy Minds: Nurturing Your Child’s Development (Zero to Three)
- Talking to Children About Death
- Books for Children About Death and Dying