Vaccine Policy & Care Plan
At Old Tappan Pediatrics we
- believe in the effectiveness of vaccines to prevent serious illness and to save lives.
- believe in the safety of our vaccines.
- believe that all children and young adults should receive all of the recommended vaccines according to the schedule published by the Centers for Disease Control and the American Academy of Pediatrics.</span
- believe, based on all available literature, evidence and current studies, that vaccines do not cause autism or other developmental disabilities.
- believe that vaccinating children and young adults may be the single most important health promoting intervention we perform as health care providers, and that you can perform as parents/caregivers.
We recognize that this choice may be a very difficult and emotional one for some parents. We will do everything we can to reassure you that vaccinating according to the schedule is the right thing to do.
If you have doubts, please inform the office in advance of your visit so that we may schedule some extra time. In some cases, we may alter the schedule slightly to accommodate parental concerns or reservations. We do require that you follow our minimum guidelines which include completing all required primary immunizations by two years of age. For recommended but not required immunizations you may be required to sign a “Refusal to Vaccinate” acknowledgement.
If it is your decision to decline to vaccinate your child according to our recommendations and accommodations, we will ask you to find another health care provider who may share your views , recognizing that by not vaccinating you are putting your child at unnecessary risk for life threatening illness and disability, and even death
As medical professionals, we feel very strongly that vaccinating children on schedule with currently available vaccines is absolutely the right thing to do for all children and young adults.
Old Tappan Pediatrics Child Care Program
|1 Week||hospital follow-up||Hepatitis B if needed|
|1 Month||Hepatitis B if needed|
|2 Months||Pentacel, Prevnar Rotateq|
|4 Months||Pentacel, Prevnar, Rotateq|
|6 Months||Topical Fluoride||Pentacel, Prevnar Rotateq|
|Topical Fluoride||Hepatitis B|
|12 Months||Vision (GoCheck)||Topical Fluoride||MMR, Varivax|
|15 Months||Topical Fluoride||HIB, Prevnar|
|18 Months||Topical Fluoride||DPaT, Hepatitis A|
|13- 15 Years||Hemoglobin|
|Meningitis B (optional)|