COVID-19 UPDATE AND SCHEDULE CHANGES
As the COVID-19 outbreak continues, Old Tappan Pediatrics will be taking precautionary measures to help keep our patients and our staff safe. In addition to screening all patients about any potential exposure risks, starting this upcoming Monday, March 16 we will be changing our scheduling practices as outlined below.
-Until further notice, only 1 family member or caregiver will be allowed to accompany the patient to any visit. Please call the front desk to discuss any potential issues related to this guideline.
– While we will continue to open early for sick visits on Mondays (8:30), we will be suspending our walk-in capabilities. Please call the office for an appointment before coming in.
– During our normal weekday hours, we will see our sick or same-day patient appointments in the morning.
– After our sick patients are gone and the office has been recleaned and disinfected, we will reserve our afternoons for patients with no known exposure to come for physicals and non-respiratory sick visits (injuries, follow-ups, ADHD visits, etc.)
-Late afternoon and evening hours will be reserved for sick appointments only.
-Any patients with fever and cough will be asked to call our office from our parking lot so we can direct them to the appropriate entrance and room number. We will have masks available in the room for the patient and caregiver to wear during the visit.
– We are enabling telemedicine appointments. If you have worries that you should be bringing your child to the Emergency Room, or if your child has an issue that can be resolved without a visit to the office, you will have the opportunity to have a video visit with one of our doctors. To set up telemedicine capabilities on your phone, click this link: https://bcdhealth.com/telemedicine/
– At this time, we have no capabilities to test for COVID-19
We appreciate your understanding during this time. As always, we are 100% committed to keeping you and your children safe and healthy. Please contact our office if you have any questions or concerns.